One Day Car Insurance

Click here for a quotation now!

Short Term Car Insurance For Visitors to Britain

Foreign visitor? EU (EEC) or Commonwealth driving licence holder? You will probably qualify for short term car insurance if you are over 21, have held a full licence for over one year and your licence is:

* Australian* Austrian * Belgian * British * Bulgarian * Canadian *Cypriot * Czech * Danish* Dutch * Estonian * Falklander * Finnish * French * German * Gibraltarian * Greek * Hong Konger * Hungarian * Irish * Italian * Latvian * Lithuanian * Luxembourgish * Malaysian * Maltese * Maritian * New Zealander * Polish * Portuguese * Romanian * Singaporean * Slovakian * Slovenian *South African * Spanish * Swedish *Zimbabwean.

How do I apply?

The application form is very simple and only takes a couple of minutes or so to complete. To get a quote you will only have to give your date of birth, postcode (this should be the postcode of where you are staying in the UK, NOT your home address), your driving licence type and country of issue, how long you have held the licence, how long you want the cover to last for and the registration details (numberplate) of the car you wish to insure. If you do not know the car registration details you can enter the make and model manually. You will then get an estimate of the premium. You then provide more details, including your driving experience and your driving licence and passport details. If your proposal is accepted by the insurer (which most are) you can pay by credit card. You can choose for the cover to begin immediately, or on a date and time within the near future.

How long can I insure a car for?

Any number of days between one and twenty eight. If you need longer than this you can apply for another policy after the previous one has expired.

What type of cover do I get?

The policy is comprehensive for driving within the UK, and third part only (or the lowest cover required by law) if you take the car into the other countries of the European Community. This can be upgraded to comprehensive cover for a small additional premium.

If you wish to take out roadside assistance in the event of an accident or breakdown, this too is available as an optional extra.

What type of car can I insure?

The insurance companies have lists of cars or small vans that they can cover. These include the majority of vehicles on UK roads. If the car you wish to insure is of an unusual make and is not on the approved list then regretfully it cannot be covered, and high powered or very expensive cars are unlikely to be accepted but this is a rare occurrence. The vehicle must be owned by yourself or borrowed from someone else; hired cars cannot be insured in this way.

Can you accept drivers with International driving licences?

No. The licence must have been issued in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Holland (The Netherlands), Estonia, The Falkland Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar,Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembough, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Zew Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden or Zimbabwe.

Click here for a quote